I absolutely love this stamp set from Smeared Ink called Elementals (from 2013 I believe).
It fits perfect for an ATC Swap I was in called Earth, Wind, Fire.
I tried a couple different techniques for the skin tones using a mix of topics, watercolors, and Wink of Stella pens. I just kept layering them until I received the intricate mix of non-perfection I was looking to receive.
Hope my partners like them!
I have been challenged by a crafty friend to post at least once a month:
Choose a Pinterest craft of any kind that interest me, attempt it, and share my version/outcome.
This kind of makes me giggle as many of you know my history with Pinterest crafts have been less than stellar, but for her I shall attempt her challenge.
Stay tuned for the first Pinterest Craft Challenge in the next few days!!
Twice a month I will be featuring FRIENDSHIP FRIDAY, which is a way for me to share with you a crafty friend of mine.
This week (and many future Fridays) I am featuring Jenni. We met through a Facebook art group, became online friends, and realized we only live about 30-45 minutes from each other. Sadly, we do not have much time to get together to craft often, but hopefully that will change in 2015.
Her work is so beautiful and creative. I think my favorite type of art she does is Junk Journals. Maybe one day in the future she will walk us through her process. :)
No pressure Jenni!!!
Today she is sharing with us a VALENTINE CARD HOLDER.
All supplies from Stampin Up -
- Red &white bakers twine
- Textured Embossing folders:
- Heart framelits
- Mini card with envelope
- Cardstock and papers
You can slide a square chocolate treat in with card.
You can find Jenni at Creationsbyjennie68.blogspot.c
THANK YOU Jenni for sharing with us today!
If you would like to be a Friendship Friday Guest Blogger, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
This was a difficult decision to make, but feel it is the right decision for me at this time. As of now, I am no longer a demonstrator for Stampin' Up. I still love the products and will continue to use them, etc.
This decision was made with the following reasonings:
- I have decided for 2015 to accept the "Craft Your Stash" Challenge. This does not mean I am never going to buy anything craft related for the entire year, but am making a more conscience effort as to what I buy and why. I literally have an arsenal of craft supplies and have no real need to purchase anything, not even consumables like paper, inks, or adhesives. Insane I know. Being a demo requires me to stay up to date with the newest and coolest items for classes and tutorials.
- My craft time is going to have to be very planned out, at least for the first few months after the baby arrives. Working on a new routine will be challenging. I do not want to add unneeded stress on myself to make sure my classes, workshops, and tutorials take place.
Thank you to everyone who supported me. As usual, I will still offer free craft time in my studio, that will never change. Schedule will be posted later this month for 2015.
Happy New Year everyone!
I hope that each and everyone of you had a fabulous holiday making memories with your loved ones.
As we nestle into 2015 I have worked on a schedule of crafty things to bring to my blog this year.
Here are some fun things you will see this year. The goal is to "Craft Your Stash". I realized when I went shopping the other day and purchased nothing, that there is absolutely nothing that I need or want. I am going to use what I have and only purchase items I actually need to replace. Hopefully by the end of 2015 I will have used most of what I have and can then do a complete studio overhaul.
Sharing my -
- The Documented Life Project Planner/Journal pages
- Bible Journaling pages
- ATC Swaps
- Monthly Themed Crafty Goodness (cards, scrapbooking, ATC's, ATB's, 3-D, recipes, etc.)
- Monthly Challenges from two of my favorite blogs - Smeared Ink and Bombshell Stamps
- Home Decor DIY Projects
- Quarterly Craft Days hanging out in my studio with some fabulous local pals sharing our love of all things artsy.
I hope you share what you are working on this year too!